Monday, October 20, 2014

Zombie Cake and Jello Worm Cupcakes


Well I officially grossed myself out with this cake order. Cupcakes adorned with bloody ears, fingers, brains and slimy wiggly worms accompanied my take on a Zombie Cake. This cake was requested for a Zombie party celebrating a young boys 3rd anniversary being diagnosed with diabetes.  It was a reduced sugar chocolate cake with oreo buttercream and dark chocolate ganache.  The cupcakes were pumpkin spice with cream cheese buttercream.  The face was made by applying modelling chocolate over a paper mache skull purchased at Michael's.  This was my first time making modelling chocolate and I think I'm in Love!  It was so simple to make and cuts like a dream.  Easy peasy!  I also tried the jello worm recipe seen all over pinterest.  All you have to do is mix up a batch of flavored jello with 3 pouches of unflavored jello, 3/4 cup of heavy cream and 3 cups of boiling water. Let cool and pour into bendy straws. Let set and wiggle them out of straw. They look so realistic and look oh so gross!!! Well thanks for looking. My computer has a stinking virus so I'm typing this from my phone. I will post links in a later blog entry! Blessings friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...