Friday, June 15, 2012

"Welcome to Summer Vacation" Party





I spent a lot of time this week reminiscing about the summers of my youth.  My favorite memories consisted of days away at summer camp, long days of unbridled fun, evenings catching fireflies and mouth watering treats ushered to my doorstep by an ice cream truck.  Those days were magical and I believe should be for all children.  Well in honor of the last day of school and the official first "half" day of summer vacation, I surprised the neighborhood kids with a "Welcome to Summer Vacation" party.  Pizza, ice cream and cupcakes hit the spot.  Prizes were passed out for best sidewalk chalk art followed by an epic water gun fight.   The kids had a blast and it was an awesome start to a memorable summer.  Here's a peek into the party!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...