Friday, June 8, 2012

Dystonia during pregnancy....yea or nea on a baclofen pump?

Okay guys, I have truly been mum the past few weeks since announcing the great news about my pregnancy.  The truth is I have been really scared and didn't want to jinx anything.  I know I shouldn't think that way, but lately as soon as I say something great something not so great happens.  Well as of today I am officially 17 weeks preggo!  Up until last week, this pregnancy was going swell and my belly was sure following suit!  I have gained 10 pounds so far despite my daily bouts of nausea.  My crazy cravings have been watermelon and string beans. MMmm I truly can't have enough!  Okay let me get back to last week.  Well after what I considered a rejuvenating, blood pumping swim in the pool, my dystonic storms decided to return after a brief hiatus.  The drastic temperature change caused my muscles to go into overdrive and contort relentlessly.  Despite the occasional mild cramping in localized areas my dystonia has been rather mild and this episode scared the crap out of me, especially being pregnant.  I was hospitalized and after four days asked to leave because I could not bear "poisoning" my baby anymore with narcotics.  While in the hospital, the drs. suggested I have a baclofen pump inserted in my spine, hence the mad dash home.  Now the dilemma I have is deciding whether or not to have the surgery.  I have been praying and know God will give me wisdom and peace to make a decision.  So friends if anyone out there has had to have surgery while pregnant or better yet a baclofen pump installed please   let me know how it went.  I want to make a prayerful, informed decision.

As for the rest of my life, well I can't complain.  I have been preparing to make memories home with the kiddos this summer.  I have stocked up on all sorts of arts and crafts supplies and the kids have completed their summer bucket lists. Oh and how could I forget, my husband has surprised me with tickets to see Lady Antebellum this weekend!! Super excited!!!  Well I guess all that's left is a baby bump update.  I will save that for a weekend post.  Be blessed guys!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Inda! I have just now visited your blog and want to say congratulations on the news that the baby is a boy! Wonderful! I hope you are resting and that the dystonia is calming down. I am committed to praying for you, your pregnancy, and the health of this child you have been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jocelyn!! You may not realize it but you have been such a blessing and your prayers are greatly appreciated!! God bless you and your family!!!

      Delete
  2. Inda, I just want to thank you for being a part of Dystonia BloggerMania. Here’s a tribute to you and all the other dystonia bloggers who give so much of themselves to help raise awareness: http://dystoniamuse.com/2013/06/13/dystonia-bloggermania/. Dystonia BloggerMania is heating up on Facebook, I hope you’ll continue to share your posts there! BTW, I've posted a link to your blog on my website. -Pamela-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...