Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day Recap...Fun Times!!!!

Rave reviews from the kids!!

Well another Valentine's Day has come and gone, and it was a GREAT day in my humble home.  This was our first Valentine's Day as a blended family and I wanted it to be extra special. So I decided to make a tradition of having a special candlelight dinner for the children every year.  My intention is to teach the children to make the holiday special for their significant others in the future and mold them into passionate, loving men and women of God.  I think the best part of everything was in the preparation.  Doesn't it feel good to surprise your loved ones with well deserved attention and extra special details that express your love?!!!    I really enjoyed making this day memorable, and it was a breeze with the wealth of information and creative ideas off of the web.  I especially enjoyed the Curtain of hearts, my version was a little different than the one on the link but the idea was the same and the kids loved it!  They also enjoyed a candlelight Lasagna dinner with individual round Ghiradelli brownies and Strawberry and Pineapple jello shooters for dessert.  I loved the Crush soda bottles for that extra touch of whimsy.  And let's not forget a box of chocolates at each place setting.  The kids were a riot.....really hamming it up.  Gotta love it!!!
                                                                                                                                    
Check out the brownie!!1
Looks like she is enjoying her lasagna!

 
My two oldest boys...hamming it up!!











Well the kids weren't the only ones who had an awesome Valentine's Day.  My husband surprised me with my special request of flowers that I can plant in the earth and see bloom year after year.  I'm that kinda girl, forget about the stuffed animals, I love me some flowers!!!!  We were so happy to simply spend the day together and we had lunch at our FAVE spot. Kam Ho Restaurant.  Mr. Kam is the owner and gives us such great service every time we visit.  He even showed us some Tai Chi and shared some ginseng powder with Trey because he's been fighting a cold for a few weeks now.  If you are in the Hampton Roads area give Kam Ho a visit, you will be delighted!!



Mr. Kam
Shrimp Fried Rice with hot oil...yum!!.
                           
We agreed to focus on the children this year but as a newlywed I really wanted our day to be memorable.  I pinned this idea on Pinterest for Twelve months of dates, and was sold.  So my mind started reeling on 12 special pre-planned and pre-paid dates, for the hubby and I.  It was a hit and we are so psyched to go on our special dates!  Here's my version of this super date idea.  I  included twelve envelopes, each with details of different dates,  most of them are things we have never done.  I also included a photo card, two journals with pens for us to complete after our dates and exchange at the end of the year. My husband officially opened the first envelope today and our first date will be to Bier Garden for lunch and a stroll around Portside.  Here's a peek:


                                     
Twelve months of Dates!!!
I hope your day was as full of blessings as ours was.  We enjoyed family, special friends and focused on what is the most important thing God asks us to do......Love one another!!!  Stay tuned to hear about future, Twelve Months of Dates posts!!  Ciao for now friends!!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Inda! Thank you for stopping by my blog - I would really like to introduce you to my friend Sonja who suffers from MSA. She also blogs about her journey - this is the link to her site: http://msainsouthafricawithsonja.blogspot.com/
    I have also sent her your blog info.

    Sending you lots of love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilene, thanks for suggesting your friends blog and for stopping by mine. From what I have read on her's so far our journey's are quite similar. I am looking forward to reading more and having correspondence. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Inda - firstly thank you for visiting my blog and secondly, I'm glad I came over to see yours. Its lovely. I also want to thank you for your encouraging comment. I truly appreciate it.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy!! Blessings and Happy Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a girl who likes flowers with roots too. I think cut flowers are a waste of money. I understand some people love them, but my frugal heart says no.

    I'm a new linky follower.

    regina
    www.thecrazynutsmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Regina, and for linking up as well. I will be sure to hop over to your blog every now and then to catch up. Happy Blogging!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...