Friday, January 6, 2012

My August DIY Wedding- Finishing Touches


     DIY Flower Girl Pomander

My daughter, Ari, carrying a sunflower pomander....DIY of course.




Deciding on a pomander rather than a bouquet for the flower girl, was out of sheer convenience.  I knew I would be making my bouquet, the boutanaires and filling the centerpieces the day of so I figured I better get the easy stuff out of the way. At first I was a bit hesitant because I was using real sunflowers for all of the other decor, I chose artificial sunflowers for her pomander. I figured she would probably be swinging it around anyway and needed something a little more sturdy. 

This DIY was the easiest and took about ten minutes to make.
First,  I bought a 5 inch styrofoam ball from Michael's and a bunch of artificial sunflowers. 
After removing the flower head of the stem I hot glued them to the ball in a orderly fashion, attached yellow ribbon, with a loop on the top for her to carry. Easy Peasy!! 






                                                       Ring Bearer's Lantern                                                                 



I remember seeing on a wedding websight, I don't remember which one so I feel bad I can't give them proper credit, a ring bearer carrying a lantern rather than a lantern and new this would fit right into my theme.   I found a lantern at Ross for  about $9 and decided to spray paint it and fill it with moss to hold the faux ring on top.  This was also a very easy project that anyone can pull off.


                                                   Page Boy and Ring Bearer
My nephew, Jonah and Step son Jey, Page Boy and Ring Bearer.
I absolutely loved the idea of having a Page Boy in a addition to a Ring Bearer.  I ended up borrowing a bell because I had the hardest time finding a bell, go figure.  Well right before my entrance, he declared in his beautiful "New Jersey/British accent", " The bride is coming, the bride is coming!"  So endearing and I must admit I loved having all of the children play a special role in the wedding.

                                       Fingerprint Tree

Thanks to my brother in law, Victor Martinez for  this beautiful  keepsake!
Rather than have a sign in book, I opted for a fingerprint tree. I have seen a lot of different versions on the web and even on etsy and they were quite pricey.  The idea is to have your quest put their fingerprint on the branches and sign their name. At first I was going to have a version I googled made at Kinkos, but was blessed to have a great artist in the family. I just love the way this turned out and am so gracious to my brother in law,  for painting this and even having it framed for us.  It is such a lovely keepsake and we have it hanging in our bedroom. 


                                          Sweet's Table

The Sweets Table.

As a baker, I knew I wanted to create a lot of sweet treats instead of the traditional wedding cake.  This was actually a joint venture because my wonderful grandmother made her signature brownies and cookies.  They were totally a hit! I made some of my favorite Key Lime cupcakes, White Chocolate drizzled pretzels, cannolis,  and  we had jars of buttered popcorn jelly bellies, one of my faves, lemon drop candies and bags of caramel popcorn.  Although I didn't get to set the table up the way I wanted because I had about ten minutes to get dressed I was still pleased with the presentation. Our wedding was simple, and just what I envisioned and we made this all happen with a very low budget, thank God for his divine inspiration and for sending friends and family to help out and make this day so very special.  Now I hope you all get some great ideas and realize a memorable wedding doesn't have to break the bank!  Check out my Amazon Store Here!!!  Great deals on items like fingerprint trees, wood slices, etc.

3 comments:

  1. I was so pleased to be present for the union of you and Tre. Everything was B-E-A-UTIFUL! You are such an inspiration to me. I'm sure I've told you before, but I really want you to know I mean it. I admire your strength, perserverance, will, courage, fight, personality, and faith! I pray you two are blessed with many, many years of love and happiness. You deserve to be happy and I see that you have found it. I love you Inda Nila...
    Peace and Many Blessings...
    Tonya W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, Thanks for the sweet comment. Your encouragement always seems to come at the right time. You have been such a blessing to me, I love your children and cant wait to open my bakery one day and have my number one sous chef on hand! Be blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abendmode 2012, elegante Brautjungfernkleider, billige Abendmode für Mütter, süße Blumenkinder Kleider?Dann bitte schauen Sie unser Webshop nämlich Traum Günstige Abendkleider Online-Shop nach.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...