Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Ease of Baking 3-D Cakes



Okay this is supposed to primarily be a blog about baking and my journey through trial and defeat in sugary excellence.  As you all may well know my Dystonia has made it rather difficult to do what I truly love, but I'm no wimp!!  With the help of my trusty Kitchenaid mixer-(thanks Titi Provi) I am able to save all the hard work for the piping and fondant decorations.  Well one of my very favorite cakes to bake are 3-D cakes.  If you are looking for the "wow" factor at your next children's birthday party you must give this one a try!!  In the past I published a blog about how to make a 3-D bear cake.




This was my sweet daughter's cake, I really winged this one.
 I also have made a 3-D Barbie cake for my daughter's first birthday. Totally easy, ok all you have to do is bake your cake in a Pyrex dish, get a Barbie and insert her top half into the bottom of the cake.  You may want to cover it with icing or fondant, believe me it truly is easy peasy!!!  I also found a You Tube video that may make it a little easier to understand.




Well for this year I am gonna really challenge myself in my current culinary pursuit.  I have been dying to make a Mad Hatter cake and am gonna invest in a class to finally explore the art of making sugar flowers. I've mastered the art of fondant flowers, check it out here.
Idea for my daughter's Mad Hatter Tea Party
.

 Attending pastry school has certainly been on my mind lately,  but we'll see what the Lord has in store for me this year.  I have been basically self taught, between you tube tutorials stalking Cake Central.  Anyway my fellow foodies I am so excited to have some great projects on the calendar for this year.  Check out my 3-D cake tutorial and comment if you have any questions, I promise you will be pleasantly surprised with the results!!  Happy Baking!!!!  Check out my Amazon Store here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...