Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year 2011 in Review


Another year is on it's way out, and what a year it has been!!! Okay let me update you all on how the holidays were spent in my neck of the woods.  Well I spent Christmas Eve. in the hospital in ICU at that..... uuuuugh!!!  I never got to "Christmas-fy" my house, got the tree sans decorations.  This hospital stay was especially hard for me.  I felt so out of the loop, so upset with myself.  "How can I do this to my kids on Christmas Eve, I was all prepped for Christmas cookies, some last minute decorating and life got in the way.  My dystonia rears it's ugly head at the most inconvenient times and all I could do is succumb to it temporary twisted presence.

Well every year around this time I sit back and thank God for bringing me through once again.  Believe it or not every year has gotten better and better.  I have had medical setbacks, lost people that I love, had to restructure, adapt; but isn't that what life is!  I am so blessed to have my children strong and healthy.  Children are so resilient and I praise God for their strength because it rubs off on me and makes me so much stronger.

This year I found my passion again.  I began to write a book and this alone has renewed my vitality and has gotten my creative juices flowing again.  I'm so excited!!!  Some of the most awesome things that have happened this year haven't even happened to me, for example.  My sister and brother in law were blessed to travel to Greece in the midst of their economic turmoil and uprising to minister and be ministered to at the Greek Bible Institute.  I love them so much!!! I got a chance to spend some time with my nephew and let him get to know his "zany Titi Inda".

This is my nephew Jonah, aka "Sonic" in his classic pose.
  I even took my baked goods on the road, "Inda's Sweet Creations" and was so well received by the community!  What a blessing!!! God has placed tons of people in my life at just the right time. All of my needs have been met and it's amazing how God sends strangers who become friends into your life, to bless you and for you to bless in return.  And lets not forget the highlight of the year, planning a wedding in little over a month and marrying the man God made especially for me.

Our Wedding Day!!!!


So as you can see this year hasn't been too shabby.  Okay I've been hospitalized more than I care to count, I have had the opportunity to grow, realize my own strength, encourage others and I'm still standing!!  Have a blessed New Year friends.  Here are a couple of pics of my new blended family!

My oldest son, Donte, playing soccer.


My sweet Ari and Jey hamming it up!!
Armon and his step dad, Trey.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...