Friday, December 2, 2011

Baking on the brain.....


 Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was on a roller-coaster ride literally and figuratively!!!!  The family went to Christmastown at Busch Gardens.....what was I thinking?! Now, I LOVE roller coasters and was not gonna let this chance to feel that adrenaline rush pass me by, so I decided to go on Alpengeist in less than ideal conditions. WHOA...as we ascended that 195 foot tall chain lift the cold wind felt so good to me, instantly we were swept down and I was in hysterics.  I laughed so much my abdominal muscles became dystonic and MAN, was reminded once again how much Dystonia sucks.  My hubby was sooooo concerned and wanted to rent me one of those scooter wheelchairs, needless to say my PRIDE wouldn't allow me to do it.  If my 80 something grandma was taking those hills so was I!!!!   Well Christmastown was Awesome and the next night I was in the E.R. because of my error in judgement.  Or was it?  Since my diagnosis, I have said I will not let this Dystonia get the best of me.  So I began to run and ran through many a finish lines!!!! Uuuggg, do I miss that feeling!!!!! People I still have a marathon to complete!!!! I'm gonna do it.  I don't care if I have to hobble through that finish line I will do it!!!  Although my Dystonia has gotten progressively worse these past six months I am not gonna give in.

Well I woke up this morning with baking on the brain... this is a good sign!!!!  Christmas is my favorite time of year and baking is absolutely essential for my Holiday Mojo to be ideal.   Usually I would've had my house all Christmasfied by now.  Smells of  Ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, peppermint would seep under my door and lure the neighborhood kids over for a cupcake or two.  I've got to get it together.....STAT!!   I've come up with some incredible Christmas cupcake concoctions and can't wait to give em a go.  I have visions of Gingerbread cupcakes crowned  with Honey Buttercream,  Chocolate cupcakes with Mint Ganache, Buttercream and chopped candycane of top.....I could go on and on, but the children are beginning to stir.  Have an awesome day friends!!!  Be encouraged and thanks for encouraging me!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...