Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies

While riding down the street one day, I noticed a sign for strawberry picking at a local farm. I immediately began scanning through my mental Rolodex of recipes, imagining one for cookies that can incorporate fresh strawberries. Well my mind wandered to last summer when I visited a nationally franchised smoothie spot I'm  sure you have heard of.  They had recently introduced a Strawberry Shortcake Cookie and it was DELISH! I decided to reproduce this to the best of my ability. And I am quite pleased!!!!

So here are the deets!!!!

First of all I had to can the idea of fresh strawberries. Strawberries hold too much moisture and the consistency of the cookie would be more like a scone. Not what I was looking for.  So I decided on freeze dried strawberries.  I checked out my local supermarkets to no avail and scored some at Target of all places. Just in case you guys have difficulty finding some I will include a link on the bottom of my post.

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


Makes 2 dozen

  • 1 3/4 C all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 C light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbs vanilla
  • 1 C freeze dried strawberries, chopped
  • 1 C white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper or a silpat along with cookie sheet. Whisk together dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking soda.

2. Cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture until well combined.  Stir in strawberries and white chocolate chips.

3. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto pan. Be sure to leave a few inches between cookies to allow for spreading. Bake until light brown, approximately 11 minutes. Allow to cool on a baking rack.

4. Enjoy!!!












                                    

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. Dropping by from Blog Frog. I am going to make this. I will have to do it gluten free for my daughter though. I followed. I'd love the same. www.rebeccadunning.com and www.rebeccalynndunning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ~ these sound yummy! Over from Blog Frog ~ come visit ~ I tried to follow you but Google Connect was down ~ will try later or remind me ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Blog Frog friends!!! Thanks for stopping by!
    -Rebecca, I was gluten free for a year and found some great recipes along the way. I will have to post my faves, so stop back by! Happy Blogging ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...